How to Raise Children Who, Enjoy Helping Others.
Every parent wants their child to
grow into a good, kind adult who
positively impacts the world.
Thankfully, teaching your child
to be an enthusiastic “helper” is
all about raising them right. .
Here are seven expert-backed tips for raising
children who enjoy helping others. .
1. Help them discover their “helping” strengths
so they can apply them when assisting others. .
2. Give your child the opportunity
to help around the house with
developmentally appropriate tasks.
3. Praise your child when they make
an effort to help so that they’ll feel good
about themselves when doing it.
4. Be a good role model by demonstrating
what it means to help others.
5. Make the task enjoyable and interesting.
6. Encourage them to view helping
from a “team perspective” to foster a sense
of connection and empathy. .
7. Stress that helping
others is an empowering
opportunity, not a chore.